Wesley United Methodist Church
Wesley United Methodist Church is a Christian church located in the Japantown area of San Jose, California. Since 1895, Wesley ministered primarily to Japanese and Japanese Americans. While remaining true to its Japanese heritage, in recent years, Wesley has become a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-generational church family. We look forward to seeing you!
Please join us for one of our worship services!
- 10:00 AM Sunday English Worship Service
- 10:00 AM Sunday Japanese Worship Service
- The 6:00 PM Wednesday Mid-Week Meditation Service will resume September 5
- Communion is performed on the first Sunday of each month at the 10:00 AM services
During our 10AM worship service, we offer the following:
- Childcare for children (newborns to 24 months old)
- Church School for Preschool through 5th grade
- A strong youth program for Middle School and High School-age adolescents to develop lifelong relationships with God and each other
There are groups for all ages including: Young Adults (post-High School to 30-something), Adult Bible Studies, Prime Timers (retirees), musical groups, Girl Scouts and Cub & Boy Scouts, and more! Wesley is known for its active mission work through UMVIM (United Methodist Volunteer in Mission).
Wesley United Methodist Church loves to fellowship together through activities such as golf tournaments, family camps and other retreats, cooking, craft classes, and much more! Click on the "Recent Events" link at the top of the page to see some of the activities in which Wesley is engaged.
Every October, Wesley holds its annual fundraising event, Aki Matsuri, where we offer a variety of Japanese food, fruits and vegetables, cultural activities, crafts and fun!
We are located in San Jose's Japantown, just north of the downtown San Jose and southeast of the Mineta San Jose Airport. Location of Wesley UMC.