Wesley Men's Group
The Wesley United Methodist Men's Ministry invites men of all ages to develop deeper relationships with each other and explore their spirituality in community through discussions, fellowship, and other activities.
Mission Statement: Provide support, opportunity, and fellowship to the men of Wesley United Methodist Church, helping each other to serve God effectively in the home, workplace, at church, and in the community.
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17 NIV
What is the Wesley UMC Men’s Group?
- We are a group of men at this church who meet for fellowship and work together in ministry.
Why do we meet and work together?
- Men have unique needs, responsibilities, and challenges, so we purposefully create a safe environment for men to fellowship, establish relationships with each other, share our experiences, and grow spiritually as we strengthen our walk as disciples.
- To bring our men closer to God, strengthening ourselves, our families, our churches, and our communities.
- To deepen our relationships with God, with each other, and HAVE FUN!
When do we meet?
- Men’s Breakfasts - Every other month, we host a breakfast in our fellowship hall at 8:30am. The breakfast is free but we do ask for a nominal donation to cover the cost of the food, but it’s not required and we are more than happy to feed you. The men rotate the cooking duties by geographic areas. We’ll break bread together and grow closer with each other. Spouses are welcome to join us.
- Men’s Retreat - We organize a fun, one day retreat every other year, normally held in the mountains. It’s a way to leave our everyday life and stresses behind, have great fellowship together, and receive a unforgettable spiritual recharging.
- Other Events - Work projects for our church or for church members, hosting speakers and workshops, attending sporting events, and recreational activities like golf and bowling.
- Bible Studies
We look forward to meeting you at our next event and getting to know you. If you have any questions please contact any of our steering committee members listed below.
The WUMC Men’s Ministry Steering Committee
Wayne Kuwada 408.946.3284
Gary Utsumi 408.255.2460
Its Yokota 408-309-1003
Ron Ogi 408-205-3198
Mark Yamamoto 408.203.7348
Minune Tsukamoto 408.228.2550
Wayne Kamiya 650.533.4024